AARP TAX-AIDE PROGRAM
Salisbury Senior Services, in cooperation with the IRS, again sponsors the AARP Tax-Aide Program at Salisbury Town Grove in Lakeville. All tax returns will be e-filed, greatly speeding up refunds. Volunteers, trained by AARP and certified by the IRS, will be available to assist low income and 60 & older citizens with the preparation and filing of all tax forms, both state & federal, and to answer any questions. There is absolutely no charge for this service. Call Lisa McAuliffe at 860-435-5186 to schedule an appointment for Wednesdays, February 8 through April 12.
CLICK HERE FOR “WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT”
We will be using a drop off and pick up system again this year. Drop off times will be scheduled between 8:30am and 9:15am and your pick up time will be scheduled between 3:00pm and 3:45pm the same day.
Please refer to the following guidelines.
- You must bring your fully completed Intake Booklet (including consents),
- You must provide photo id.
- You must have all of your current year tax forms and the prior year’s return, economic stimulus amounts(2), cash donations, property taxes, and any other tax info you may have received.
- You must provide us with a phone number where you can be reached if we have any questions while preparing your return.
- All tax returns MUST be picked up by the end of the day, we cannot be responsible for returns not picked up and current program policy says that any returns and paperwork not picked up by the end of the day must be destroyed.
- If applicable the 6419 Form ( IRS CHILD TAX CREDIT)
When you arrive, we will check your id’s and paperwork and request a contact phone number where you can be reached.
If you cannot make your appointment, please call 860-435-5186 to cancel your appointment and reschedule if necessary.
Mike, Tom, Emily, Jon and Lisa
AARP Tax Aide