Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00am-4:00pm
Phone Number: 860-435-5176
The physical location, at 27 Main Street in Salisbury, is in the corner, to the right of the first floor entrance. The Assessor is a town employee, professionally educated, state certified and responsible for the appraisal of all real estate, motor vehicles and certain types of personal property as required by Connecticut State Law. The money needed to operate the town, including the public school, road maintenance, recreation, police and other services, comes primarily from property taxes. Individual tax bills are the property assessment (70% of value) multiplied by the mill rate. The mill rate is determined each year by dividing the budget needed to operate the town by the taxable grand list. Each and every property must be properly assessed so that taxes are apportioned fairly. Every five years the Assessor is required to revaluate all property and prepare an updated grand list (a total assessment of all listed properties) upon which the taxes are based.
Our FIELD CARDS are now ONLINE!!!! https://gis.vgsi.com/SalisburyCT
Applications & Information:
- Assessor’s Maps
- Board of Assessment Appeals Motor Vehicle Appeal Form
- Board of Assessment Appeals Real Estate Appeal Form
- The 2022 Grand List will soon be complete. If you wish to appeal your assessment you may apply to the Board of Assessment Appeals. Applications available at above. Applications must be received by the Town Clerk by February 17, 2023.
- Business Personal Property Taxes
- Elderly and Totally Disabled HOMEOWNER Tax Relief
- Elderly and Totally Disabled RENTER Tax Relief
- Farmland, Forest or Open Space
- Motor Vehicle Information
- Revaluation 2020
- Tax Relief Deferral Program
- Totally Disabled Tax Exemption Form
- Veteran’s Exemption
Field Cards: $1.00 per page
Vacant Land: $.50 per page
11×17 Assessor Maps: $1.00 per map
Black & White: $10.00 per copy
Color: $20.00 per copy
11×17 Reduction: $5.00As of 09/04/2016
If you would like a field card or map please email a request to [email protected] providing the property address and/or owner’s last name and your contact information. Cards will be emailed back to the address sending the request, or faxed if you provide a number.
You may send payment to: Assessor, PO Box 548, Salisbury, CT, 06068.
You can set up an account with us if you plan to request cards in the future. Send desired amount to the above address along with your contact information and we will apply the money to your account. When requesting cards, we will deduct the amount, and email you a statement when your account becomes low.
People frequently requesting cards that do not pay will lose this privilege and cards will not be emailed until payment arrives.
|Mill Rate: (HISTORY)|
|Grand List Mill Rate|